Venue: Alfreton Leisure Centre
Date: Sunday 8th July
The long-awaited coaches’ challenge day had arrived! Some weary Portland swimmers were soon revitalised by the sight of Dom and Grant limbering up to prove that training is, ultimately, to ‘do as we do, not just as we say’! No pressure then… …and it must be said that both applied themselves ‘almost’ as well as our awesome younger swimmers who time and again impressed with PBs (or very close) and age group placing’s.
- Grant Robe and Dom Misiuda for overcoming their nerves, putting their money where their mouths are and kick-starting the event for everyone.
- Alice and Lizzie Mulligan; Olivia and Jaime Misiuda; Emma and Rebecca Horne for family head-to-heads in the 100m breaststroke, 200m free and 100m free respectively.
- Kathy Pawluk for biting the bullet and giving the 200m free a go, despite being adamant she wasn’t going to!
- Isabelle Day, Orla Beaven, Stan and Lucy Toplass and Charlotte Taylor for first-time appearances at an Open Meet.
- Enid Williamson for kicking off the girls’ 200m IM challenge.
- All the ‘non-swimming’ swimmers for brilliant poolside support for each of their team mates.
Rebecca Phillips for being the role model she is as club captain and always being a real trooper on poolside.
How fantastic it was to see Portland swimmers lining up side by side and bringing home some amazing PBs and trophies.
Very very well done swimmers and thanks Dom (in particular) and Grant for laying down the gauntlet, rising to the challenge and for generally being such good sports – it was very much appreciated.