Well, what a night for Portland PB’s at Hucknall – a total of 14, plus a County Time and some really close calls against some absolute giants! Un-phased by the opposition everyone swam with determination as the evening seemed to glide through very smoothly, everyone focussed on their events. There were only 2 events in which we came first but a considerable number of 2nd and 3rd places.
A disaster was avoided when, thanks to a last minute nudge from her team mates, Charlotte just remembered to put her goggles on before the beep went! With some great encouragement from Tracy many great times were achieved over the night. There was some tough competition but we stayed strong and came second overall.
Highlights of the evening included:-
• Mark Lowes achieving a Personal Best and a County Time of 39.55 in the 50m Breaststroke.
• Olivia Wright taking nearly 2 seconds off her PB in the 50m backstroke and the same for Ethan Pywell in the 25m freestyle. Then Olivia again taking nearly 3 seconds off her 50m freestyle time.
• A tremendous effort from Mikey Pawluk who came 1st in his 50m Fly.
• A great swim by all in the 4×1 medley relay for Archie, Edward, Esther and Enid.
• A valiant effort against some stiff opposition from Cecily, Ethan, Madeline and Dylan in the 4×1 freestyle relay.
• Another tremendous effort from Stanley Toplass who came first in the 25m backstroke.
Olivia Wright (50m Back), Hannah Williams (50m breast), Charlotte Taylor (25m back), Stanley Toplass (25m back), Elizabeth Tones (50m breast), Mark Lowes (50m breast), Ethan Pywell (25m free), Mark Lowes (50m free), Georgia Sillitoe (50m fly), Lucy Toplass (50m back), Olivia Wright (50m free), Andrew DeBoer (50m fly), Charlotte Taylor (25m fly) and Stanley Toplass (25m fly).
Thank you to all the poolside helpers, timekeepers and organisers. A great night!