A poolside helper supports the delivery of club sessions under the supervision of a qualified coach.
Who we are looking for?
- You will be at least 14yrs of age.
- You will have a good understanding of the club and the structure of its sessions and
- You will be enthusiastic and passionate about the development of all club members.
- You will have a basic understanding of aquatics and safety within sessions.
What do we and the club expect from you?
- To assist with the set-up of the pool for club training sessions and ensure all equipment is correctly stored away at the end of the session.
- To follow the instructions of the coach / teacher to support the delivery of the session. To be aware of the safety of the session at all times, ensuring the poolside is tidy and any health and safety risks are reported to the coach or appropriate personnel.
- To make sure that swimmers have the correct equipment needed for the session eg.Pool bouys, floats, etc.
Level of commitment required
- Attendance at training sessions.
- What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Access to training opportunities and support from the Institute of Swimming.
What will you gain from the experience?
- This is a fun and supportive role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
- As well as your ability to assist the delivery of club training sessions, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge, gain practical teaching/coaching experience, and support the development of all swimmers involved in the club.